Sally Bergesen is the founder & CEO of Oiselle, a 25+ person team based in Seattle that offers a strong collection of premium athletic apparel, sponsors pro women athletes, and is growing an all-paces, all-abilities running team that connects thousands of women around the world.
Started in 2007, Oiselle was founded out of Sally's two great passions: running and design. From the company's middle school sports bra donation program, to its by and for women designs, Oiselle's mission is to help women discover the strength and sisterhood of sport.
In this episode, Sally shares stories from the early days of Oiselle and talks about trying to grow a company while still staying true to who you were when you first went into business.
We talk about marriage, feminism, speaking up for what you believe in (even in the face of online backlash), and how stress and pressure can be viewed as a privilege.
I particularly love what Sally had to say about boundaries and letting yourself be obsessed with something - that was super refreshing and comforting for me. I so enjoyed this conversation, and I hope you do as well!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Sally
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Kate Grace (season 1 guest + her special edition episode)
- Sarah Lesko
- Billie Jean King
- Steph Rothstein
- Lauren Fleshman (season 4 guest)
- Sarah "Mac" Robinson (season 6 guest)
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 30 hours of bonus content, with new stuff added every month.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- Fun conversations and interviews that aren’t aired publicly
- Solo end-of-month reflection episodes from Nicole (what worked, what didn’t, personal goals, etc)
- Access to (and a chance to be a guest on!) the SquadPod – a private, shorter version of Real Talk Radio where you, the members of this family, are the guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- All seven workbooks & tiny books from my former $4 Shop
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!