If you’ve listened to this show in the past, you’re already familiar with what we do here. Each season, I sit down with 8 different people - everyone from athletes, writers, and entrepreneurs to parents, coaches, artists, activists, adventurers, and many others - to open up about the truth of what’s really going on in our lives. We go deep on all the behind-the-scenes stuff - like our daily routines, guilty pleasures, regrets, fears, current struggles, goal-setting systems, self-care practices, and more.
Today is a special bonus episode for you, and it's a bit different from our regular style.
As you already know if you’ve been in my corner of the internet for a while, I recently got home from thru-hiking the 800-mile Arizona Trail.
So today, instead of bringing you a long-form conversation between me and a guest, I'll be answering listener questions all about the hike! So it’s just me today, doing my best to give honest answers to all of your questions about this adventure. I’ll share why I wanted to do this hike, my initial fears, the hardest (and best) parts of long-distance hiking, and the truth of day-to-day life on trail. I also do my best to explain why I keep doing such hard things where I’m mostly miserable, what I want to hike next, what I’ve learned, and more.
I hope you enjoy it!
Listen to this Episode
I’d love to connect with you!
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- City Girl Gone Wild (my hiking blog)
- Thru-Hiking Will Break Your Heart, by Carrot Quinn (Carrot’s podcast episode is here)
- Zach Davis (Zach’s podcast episode is here)
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, by Donald Miller
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content and other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!