Nick North is a husband, a dad to 5 kids, and a branding strategist. He also has a history of living as a woman, a wife, a mom, a photographer, a corporate type, and even an Emergency Medical Responder.
When he embraced his identity and came out as transgender, he realized just how much gender affects the way we think, talk, sell and function. He now speaks from his experience on both sides of the gender coin, empowering folks of all genders to live authentically and powerfully, while also making more money following their passion and their gut.
In this episode, Nick tells honest stories of how his experience of being socialized and living as a woman for 30 years makes him a better man. He goes into detail about so many important things, such as some of the specific tools he and his wife have learned in therapy to strengthen their relationship, why they created a new last name, plus the value of questioning the things we're socialized to believe are true.
Nick talks about his blended family, his divorce from a previous partner, the complicated experience of having top surgery in 2018, and so much more.
It was an absolute delight to have Nick on the show, and I hope you love getting to know him as much as I did!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Nick
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- A Very Full Life
- The Descent of Man, by Grayson Perry
- Crucible Therapy
- Women Aren’t Nags—We’re Just Fed Up, by Gemma Hartley
- Tin Man, by Sarah Winman
- Homegoing, by Yaa Gyasi
- Yeah Field Trip
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus lots of other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
For all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!