Julia Hanlon is passionate about asking questions that explore the mind, body, and spirit connection.
This has lead her to pursue yoga, running, and podcasting over the years, having discovered yoga at the age of 16 and eventually becoming a 500-hour yoga teacher at the age of 20. Julia’s passion for storytelling led her to create the Running On Om Podcast that features over 200 interviews with a diverse group of wellness innovators.
Julia lives in Boston, MA where she teaches yoga full-time and runs anywhere she finds trails.
If you've been listening to this show for a while, you'll remember Julia from when she interviewed me for my 5-year soberversary bonus episode. You might have also listened to the Real Talk Reflections series that she and I did on her podcast, Running On Om, last year, before she wrapped up the show to move on to other things.
It's such a treat to have Julia back today, and in this episode she shares all the details of why she quit her podcast and social media, how she follows her intuition even if other people don't understand or agree with her choices, why she values privacy and online connection over social media and internet community, and how she has given herself permission to heal.
I hope you love hearing from Julia as much as I enjoyed catching up with her!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Julia
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Ultima electrolyte powder
- Rich Roll
- Real Talk Reflections series – Running On Om
- Ask Lauren Fleshman series – Running On Om
- Nikki Meyers
- Gregor Singleton
- Mary Oliver
- Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 30 hours of bonus content, with new stuff added every month.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- Fun conversations and interviews that aren’t aired publicly
- Solo end-of-month reflection episodes from Nicole (what worked, what didn’t, personal goals, etc)
- Access to (and a chance to be a guest on!) the SquadPod – a private, shorter version of Real Talk Radio where you, the members of this family, are the guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- All seven workbooks & tiny books from my former $4 Shop
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!