Dana Shultz is the recipe developer and co-author of Minimalist Baker, which she founded with her husband, John, in 2012. All recipes require either 30 minutes or less, 1 bowl, or 10 ingredients or less to prepare.
Dana creates the recipes, photographs, and blog content, while John designs, codes, develops products and plays visionary.
In this episode, Dana tells the origin story of how Minimalist Baker got started. We get to hear about her recipe development process, food photography tips, her favorite pantry items and go-to kitchen tools, as well as some of her personal favorite recipes. She talks about the role of social media in her life, her upcoming print cookbook, what's it's been like for her to run a business with her spouse - not to mention the story of how she and John met and the evolution of their marriage. This was such a fun conversation for me, especially since Dana's recipes are my #1 go-to out of all the food blogs on the internet. I hope you find our talk as delicious as I did!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Dana
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- The Paradox of Choice, by Barry Schwartz
- My Little Celebration (Dana’s first blog)
- 5 Ingredient Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Truffles (Dana’s go-to dessert recipe)
- How to make vegan parmesan cheese
- Petunia’s Pies & Pastries in Portland, OR
- Dana’s shop of kitchen essentials
- Lush Handmade Cosmetics
- Mimi from @luxyhair
- Vivianna Does Makeup
- McKel of Nutrition Stripped
- Womancode, by Alisa Vitti
- The Problem of Pain, by C.S. Lewis
- Finding Ultra, by Rich Roll
- Accidental Saints, by Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Grace (Eventually), by Anne Lamott
This season of the podcast is sponsored by Picky Bars, my daily go-to choice for delicious real food energy bars. You can get $10 off a 14-bar Mixed Pack (hooray for getting to taste all the flavors!!) by using code: RealFood