Cait Flanders is a former binge consumer turned mindful consumer of everything.
Through personal stories, she writes about what happens when money, minimalism, and mindfulness cross paths. Cait's story has been shared in The New York Times, The Guardian, Vogue, Forbes, and more. Her first book, The Year of Less, is a self-help memoir that was released in January 2018 and quickly became a Wall Street Journal bestseller.
In this episode, Cait talks about mindful consumption and what that looks like for her in her real life. She shares stories about the past year, talking honestly about publishing her first book, what the impact of that was on her mental health, why she's decided to retire from personal blogging after eight years, and more.
Cait is such a thoughtful person, and it was such a joy to talk openly with her about fear, quitting things, changing your life, and stepping into the unknown.
If you're interested in slowing down, and in being a more mindful consumer and creator, I bet you'll get a lot from what Cait shares in this conversation. I know I did!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Cait
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Why I’m Retiring from Personal Blogging
- Paul Jarvis
- Jess Robson
- Deep Work, by Cal Newport
- Notes on a Nervous Planet, by Matt Haig
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with past guests
- Access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace, where I share my real life in real time
- Monthly topic-specific discussions (money, sex, self-care, family, courage, & more!)
- Our monthly book club
- Advance pre-sale access to tickets for Real Talk: Live events and retreats
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming podcast outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!