Ashley Williams is a vegan, a political activist, and the host of the podcast Green Is the New Black.
Her hobby is volunteering on political campaigns in states across the U.S, and during the 2008 election she served on a steering committee that raised millions for Obama, and most recently she's been a part of the NY Chapter of the Women's March on Washington.
Ashley loves working with "quiet leaders" - typically introverts, empaths or highly sensitive women who need help setting boundaries, improving their self worth and building the courage to lead in their own unique ways.
In this episode, Ashley shares stories from her years as a political activist and volunteer, and she gives great advice on where to start if you want to contribute but aren't sure what to do.
We talk about boundaries, avoiding burnout, giving yourself permission to change, and more.
Ashley also shares personal stories on everything from healing her chronic pain to diving deeper into spirituality and even making peace with being adopted.
This is such an honest and real conversation, and I hope you love getting to know Ashley as much as I did!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Ashley
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Dear Sugar Radio
- Tiny Beautiful Things, by Cheryl Strayed
- Little Light by Lewis Watson
- I Have Lived A Thousand Years, by Livia Bitton-Jackson
- Amy E Smith (season 5 guest)
- Alex Franzen (season 1 guest)
- Network Spinal Analysis episode of Green Is the New Black
- What Say You podcast
- There is Nothing Wrong With You, by Cheri Huber
- The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold
- Love Warrior, by Glennon Doyle
- Get Rich, Lucky Bitch, by Denise Duffield Thomas
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 30 hours of bonus content, with new stuff added every month.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- Fun conversations and interviews that aren’t aired publicly
- Solo end-of-month reflection episodes from Nicole (what worked, what didn’t, personal goals, etc)
- Access to (and a chance to be a guest on!) the SquadPod – a private, shorter version of Real Talk Radio where you, the members of this family, are the guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- All seven workbooks & tiny books from my former $4 Shop
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!