Anna Guest-Jelley is the founder of Curvy Yoga, an online yoga studio and teacher training center that helps people of all sizes find true acceptance and freedom, both on and off the mat.
Anna is the author of Curvy Yoga: Love Yourself & Your Body a Little More Each Day as well as the co-editor of Yoga and Body Image: 25 Personal Stories About Beauty, Bravery & Loving Your Body.
Anna and Curvy Yoga have been featured online and in print in The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, Yoga International, Yoga Journal, and many more.
In this episode, Anna talks about body acceptance: what it is, what her journey has been like, and how to actually move toward a more accepting place within your own skin. She shares her history with dieting and the 65 different diets she tried before finally choosing a different path, and we talk about shame, stigma, how your body image can impact your marriage and relationships, and the fact that change is hard and messy in real life.
We also talk about business, and Anna shares about the time she had to close her yoga studio after only a year because it wasn't profitable enough, among other honest stories.
This entire conversation is a deep well of truth, and I so appreciate Anna's openness. I hope you love our chat as much as I did!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Anna
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Lip Venom
- 10% Happier, by Dan Harris
- Sarah Von Bargen (season 4 guest)
- Melissa Cassera (season 2 guest)
- The Light of the World, by Elizabeth Alexander
- Our Souls At Night, by Kent Haruf
- Traveling Mercies, by Anne Lamott
Help Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 30 hours of bonus content, with new stuff added every month.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- Fun conversations and interviews that aren’t aired publicly
- Solo end-of-month reflection episodes from Nicole (what worked, what didn’t, personal goals, etc)
- Access to (and a chance to be a guest on!) the SquadPod – a private, shorter version of Real Talk Radio where you, the members of this family, are the guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- All seven workbooks & tiny books from my former $4 Shop
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!