Andrea Owen is an author, mentor, and certified life coach who helps high-achieving women let go of perfectionism, control, and isolation and choose courage and confidence instead.
She is the author of 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life: BS Free Wisdom to Ignite Your Inner Badass and Live the Life You Deserve, and her new book, How To Stop Feeling Like Shit: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back From Happiness is out now.
In this episode, Andrea tells the story of her own rock bottom, and how that lead her to work in the coaching field. Trained in the modalities of Dr Brené Brown, Andrea talks openly about shame, jealousy, and managing her inner critic. She explains the difference between people-pleasing and approval-seeking, and between numbing out and self-care, and she shares stories from her own life about sobriety, parenting, work, and so much more.
As you know if you've listened to this show before, I'm definitely a recovering self-help junkie, and one of the things I love about Andrea's approach to personal development is that she isn't a "quick fix" coach. She's real and honest and committed to the truth that change is hard and that it takes time. I so loved having this conversation with her, and I hope you enjoy it too!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Andrea
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Brené Brown
- Gabby Bernstein
- The Fire Starter Sessions, by Danielle LaPorte
- Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff, by Richard Carlson
- Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters, by Courtney Martin
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8+ per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content and other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!