Laura Jane Williams is an author, journalist, scriptwriter, public speaker and accidental influencer.
She is the author of Amazon bestseller Becoming and self-help guide Kidding: Childlike Solutions to Bullshit Adult Problems, out with Running Press in October.
She is RED Magazine’s ‘Talking Point’ columnist, as well as Grazia magazine's ex-dating columnist and cult blogger over at SuperlativelyRude.com.
In this episode, Laura catches us up on all that's happened since she was a guest way back in Season 1 of Real Talk Radio. She shares the story of getting her first book deal, and how in the aftermath of the book's publication she wound up burnt out and diagnosed with anxiety and depression. She shares what she did next to help herself heal, how she's approached her writing and career ever since, what she's working on now, and more.
We talk about money, about the fact that success doesn't happen by accident, plus all of Laura's best tips for creating engaging content on Instagram.
I've known Laura for what feels like forever now, and it was such a pleasure to have her back on the show. I hope you love our conversation as much as I did!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Laura
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies Quiz
- Carrie (@wishwishwish)
- Erica Davies on Instagram
- Chris Mandle on Instagram
- Busy Phillips on Instagram
- How Do You Like Me Now?, by Holly Bourne
- On Beauty, by Zadie Smith
- Eat Pray Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!