Kelly Roberts is the creator of the popular blog "She Can & She Did" and the body-positive initiative #SportsBraSquadm which encourages women to ditch their shirts along with their insecurities and join the community of women on a mission to redefine what strength looks like.
A force in the body-positivity movement, the self-proclaimed former President of the "I f*cking hate running club" has graced the cover of Women's Running Magazine's body issue, was named by Competitor Magazine as one of 12 Influential and inspiring runners under 30.
In this episode, Kelly and I talk about everything from the value of setting seemingly impossible goals to the role that luck plays in success. She shares updates on her third attempt to qualify for the Boston Marathon, how she's been handling a recent injury, and why she's having way more fun with her training than in the past.
We also dig into a wonderful conversation about friendship - how we think about making friends as an adult, what it feels like when you go through a friend breakup, how to be a good friend to yourself, and more.
I love Kelly, and I hope that you enjoy this conversation as much as I did!
Listen to this Episode
Connect with Kelly
Selected Links From This Episode
Books, Resources & People Mentioned
- John Honerkamp
- November Project
- Oprah’s Instagram
- The Confidence Code, by Katty Kay & Claire Shipman
- So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed, by Jon Ronson
Support the podcast (+ get exclusive bonus content!)
Join the Real Talk Radio support squad over on Patreon (just $8 per 8-episode season!) and get immediate access to over 40 hours of bonus content plus other fun things.
- Bonus episodes with former guests
- The chance to be featured in an upcoming outro
- Our fun, casual monthly book club
- Frequent opportunities to help shape the future of the show
- Exclusive access to my popular weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace
- 24/7 access to the community feed for conversation with me and everyone else …. and more!
So for all of that and more, simply head over to patreon.com/nicoleantoinette to make your pledge.
Thank you so much for your support!!