Whenever possible I do love to record in person, for which I use the following equipment:
- On Stage DS7200B Adjustable Desk Microphone Stand (x2)
- Shure BETA 58A Supercardioid Dynamic Microphone (x2)
- Shure A58WS-BLK Foam Windscreen for All Shure Ball Type Microphones (x2)
- Cable Matters 2-Pack Male to Female XLR Microphone Cable 6 Feet (x2)
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Recording Audio Interface
Do you edit the podcast by yourself?
Hell no. I'd be lost without the great Adam Day. If you have an audio/music project, you should definitely reach out to him!
How can I apply to be a guest on your podcast?
You can use this form right here. That helps me to keep everything organized, and it gives you the best shot at being considered for a future season of the show. (But please know that I book out far in advance, and that if I don’t get back to you it either means I don’t have a spot open for you yet, or that for any number of reasons you might not be the right fit right now. Don’t take it personally, please!)
Which services/products do you use to keep your website and podcast running smoothly?
- To schedule recording sessions with podcast guests: ScheduleOnce
- To power the website: WordPress
- For email, associated apps, and extra storage: G Suite by Google
- To fund the podcast and interact with our awesome community: Patreon
- To host the podcast audio files: Libsyn
- To send my weekly email series to Patreon community members: Aweber
Which podcasts do you listen to regularly?
You've been a guest on lots of other podcasts. Can you share links to a few favorites?
- She Explores, Episode 92
- Flex Your Heart Radio
- Being Boss, Episode 72
- Raise Your Hand Say Yes, Episode 88
- The Pitch Podcast, Episode 80
How can I best support your work?
This is a lovely question, thank you! The best way to support the podcast is to join our Patreon community with a pledge of $8 (or more) per 8-episode season. If you'd instead like to make a one-time donation to support my work, you can do that here.
How can I get your weekly email series, Notes of Grit & Grace?
After I wrapped up my blog in 2015 I transitioned into sending a weekly email, filled with honest stories from my real life in real time. These emails are available exclusively to the members of our Patreon community, and they are a joy for me to write and send each Friday.
Who are your favorite people to follow on Instagram?
Ooo, so many! Here are six people who's work I love following, in no particular order:
- Noël Russell // @noel_russ
- Rachel Cargle // @rachel.cargle
- Hannah Shaw (aka Kitten Lady) // @kittenxlady
- Carrot Quinn // @carrottquinn
- Ann Shen // @anndanger
- Holly Glenn Whitaker // @hipsobriety
(And yes, all of these incredible women have been guests on my podcast, which totally proves how hard I fangirl my own guests, lol.)
I'm feeling sad. Can you link me to something that will make me smile?
THIS. You're welcome.
Why are your cats so cute?
I ask myself this question every single day, even when they are being tiny fuckface terrors, because eventually they stop being terrors and instead do something ridiculously adorable like spend an entire afternoon cuddling together on a blanket.